1. Your website should be easy to navigate. Visitors should never have to look tirelessly to find your website's menu or contact information. This can turn an interested prospect to click that back button fast. People use the internet to find useful information quickly. Having a beautiful website without easy navigation is useless. While having an attractive website helps boost that amount of visitors that come to your page, it is your website's smooth navigation that keeps them browsing around and can turn them into a potential customer.
2. Your website should have lots of interesting and relevant content. Content is key to a great website. Adding a blog, live Facebook or Instagram feed, videos, recipes, poetry, and much more can really boost your website. Content helps your website rank in search engines dramatically as well.
3. Your contact information should be readily available. This may seem like a no-brainer for businesses, but I cannot count the amount of times I have tried to find a phone number or e-mail address for a business that I am interested in working with. Whether your business' contact is located at the header, footer, or on a separate page, have that information present! You can lose out on so much business from not having your phone number or email readily available.
4. Your site should have fluidity and guidance. Does your website flow? Are you explaining your services while guiding the visitor seamlessly through your website? Your website's buttons and menu should be used to move the visitor smoothly, kind of like a story book. They should be excited to read the next page of your site. Buttons that have words to pique their interest are a must.
5. Your website should have a specific call to action. Look; you should not have a website just for the sake of having one. Your website should not only put your business in its best light, but also require action on their part. This is what conversion is all about! If enough people are looking through your website and leaving without leaving some sort of contact information, it's time to start revamping that site and turning it into a money-making machine! Email capture, RSVP for your events, requests for more information, forms for private consultations are all great ways to convert a visitor into a potential customer. It is wise to have many call to action links on your website.